Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008


WOW I can't believe it...

I did it I made my first batch of summer borscht ever from herbs from my little garden and it actually tastes really good. You see the reason I am so surprised is because growing up I always felt I would never be as good of a cook/baker as my mom, my mom is known for her cooking skills. She can whip together a meal for 15 people in no time at all, (she has catered weddings for well over 200 people including my wedding), she always makes enough to feed an army and we always eat like it is truly our last supper, it is ALWAYS so darn good. This woman has got a gift and so whenever I make something remotely as good as her I have to pat myself on the back. Sad thing is I don't think my kids will remember me for my cooking or baking skills but they will remember me for my crazy dancing in the living room and maybe a belch or two(did Ireally say that??LOL)..ah yes the finer points of Louise!!! We've all got our gifts and abilities and I have been so blessed on numerous occasions by my mom and her desire to be the best at what she does, today I am thankful that my mom always took the time to cook fabulously for our family, you ROCK mom!!
What about you is there anything your mom did/does that was so amazing and you wished you could do??

5 comments:

Carl & Kathy said...

I can almost taste your wonderful borscht. Good for you! And you know what? I think your kids will remember more (and you've passed on) more than you think.

Something that my Mom did that was amazing was definitely cooking. My mother in law, sewing. And I'm slowly trying to gain as much from them as I can.

candypb said...

Woohoo Louise,
I'm so proud of you. I know you always want to do your best at everything you do. (Like mother like daughter)You are soooo.. loved by us and thats all you have to do. Be yourself and belch when ever you need to, because you wouldn't be Louise if you didn't. You touch my heart my dear sister. I love you tonn's. Wow, I have tears apearing out of nowhere. LOL... I never knew your belch's could bring a tear to my eye.
I MISS YOU SO MUCH...

gloria said...

your mom and my mom both, impossible to compare

Wanda said...

What a darling picture of you and your mom. I'll bet that borscht was great, and your mom is probably smiling 'cause she's so proud of you.

My mother was "Martha Stewart" before Martha was born. Everything my mom did in the home was perfect ~~ from cooking, to her laundry handing on the line, too the organized home....I had a good teacher, and I have learned all my home skills from her.
Oh I wish she was alive to see what a powerful influence she was and is on me!!

God love our Mothers ~~~ hopefully we pass it on to our daughters.

Gaberino said...

Oh Louise - Your double chocolate peanut butter chip cookies have left a permanent impression on my lips. Mmmmm, I can taste them now!

My mom makes the absolute most amazing chicken noodle soup and Kommst borscht. I think it's all the LOVE she puts into it that makes it sooooo delicious!