Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008


Summer holidays....

Yes they officially started well over a week ago actually and I am truly amazed at how much my kids love to argue, well at least that is what it sounds like to me. To them it is a 'lively discussion' that sometimes turns mean and nasty and I need to step in. This can be insanely tiring mentally, sometimes I am in need of a mommy break and leave the room so that the arguing doesn't drive me crazy.

I know it is the ages and that they aren't that far apart in age and interested in many of the same things and with there being the three of them one of them is bound to get left out. Times like this I think...how did my mom do it with four? how did she handle us arguing all the time? ( which I know we did) It is only the beginning of summer I am praying for grace in handling these situations and the knowledge of how to handle them properly without the mommy freak out mode setting in...sigh...

I have two nights off while my awesome in-laws have the kids. SO I will pack for camping, enjoy the silence and spend time
with God...and of course watch the bachlorette finale with a bunch of girlfriends...whoohoo.
This past weekend at my in-laws in the midst of the arguing there were moments of peace and I managed to capture some of them...enjoy!





Have a great week! I am off camping!

7 comments:

candypb said...

I don't know how you do it Louise. I got my fair share of noise this last weekend.
Your a great mom. Remember that in time's like this.

Debbie said...

My three have been out of school for an entire month and I have had it too. I daily say "When is school starting." I have three and my mom had six. Don't know how my mom did it either. Enjoy your time away! :)

Carl & Kathy said...

Well, I hope that the rest of the summer is quieter and less draining. I'm sure once the kids are home more, they will learn how to interact in each other's space. But in the meantime, enjoy your time camping. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

lil ole' me..... said...

Hope you are having a great time camping and getting some peace and quiet! :)

Andrea said...

so what you're saying is...the arguing doesn't stop when they turn 5 and 3?

SHUCKS!!

Roo said...

:) how was your week of camping??? are you a tenter-camper or a trailer-camper or a cabin-camper? ;)

Gaby said...

Oh Louise! You are a fantastic MOM! The Lord has blessed you tremendously! It seems we all struggle with patience in one way or another. I struggle even with one child - never mind three - I am always learning from you!