Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008



Safety in Numbers......


Or so 'they' say and clearly my daughter agrees with that statement. This is her routine at night, she gathers her favorite friends around her and lines them up and puts her neck pillow on snuggles under her blanket and asks for her bedtime prayers and only then is she able to feel safe and shut her eyes to a peaceful sleep.

Isn't it funny that we all have something that helps us feel safe and secure in our environment and in ourselves, for some of us it may be safety in numbers and never really sticking out in a crowd for others it is, our house, our job,our finances,our friends and our family and maybe all of the above.

I love watching my kids to see what they picture as safety and security. I pray that with each passing day they learn to depend more on God for their security and self worth and then they will feel peace where ever they go.

I far to often fail and leave God out of my everyday life and try to do everything on my own and then I end up frustrated and frazzled, I need to remind myself that nothing will make me feel safe and secure and PEACEFUL until I include Him in my everyday routine~

6 comments:

andrea said...

isn't that an amazing concept. funny/scary thought is that they learn from our example...yikes! i'm so with you about needing to allow God in more of my life all the time, not just when it suits. thanks for the analogy...i think i'm gonna have my quiet time with God...enough of feeling guilty that I should! thanks for sharing this life lesson...i can so relate!

Wanda said...

Excellent post, Louise. And I love all the little stuffed friends. Even our dog Molly has stuffed animals she sleeps with.

Debbie said...

How precious. Aren't kids just wonderful. I wish I can make life as easy as they make it.

MamaGeek said...

Now THAT is cute. I remember doing that as a little girl too - ah, the good old days! :)

Kathy and Carl said...

I can figure out why we don't ever run to the place where we will always feel the safest and instead sit by ourselves getting upset. I will remember this post, a reminder about where I should put my trust, every day, no matter what's going on. Thanks Louise.

lil ole' me..... said...

Love this post!!!

And, I don't know how long your blog layout has been changed (I don't get around to checking blogs regularly), but it looks great!