Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008



A Wonderful Time..

I have this awesome friend who I have actually known my entire life, our parents used to hang out and we've gone from cutting each others hair and hiding it behind my dresser thinking our parents would never notice the chunks of hair missing off our head to raising our girls together.
She is an amazing person and I admire her so much. She is doing one of the hardest jobs in the world if not THE hardest job, she is raising this girl alone, she works so hard and has just recently
purchased her very own home. She is an awesome woman of God and is doing a FANTASTIC job raising a well behaved fun girl.
We have tried to do a weekend getaway with our girls every year, it hasn't always worked out but we just got away the past few days for just that. It was a great time, we
spent time shopping, swimming, eating, shopping and eating some more. Our conversations are always intriguing, all topics under the sun and boy can we laugh, well howl is more like it. I value her friendship so much, there is definitely something to be said for longtime friends. It is also nice to spend time with my girlie(Keziah) alone and get to know this little woman, I pray that our relationship will always be one of closeness...I love that chicka she makes me smile!
Thanks Gabe for your friendship and for always being a good time!! ( now comment okay?? LOL)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Glad you guys had a good time! Sounds awesome.

gloria said...

does look like fun!

ValleyGirl said...

Sounds like an incredibly wonderful tradition you've started ~ and a great way to continue forging a longtime, close friendship. Oh, and it sounds like a lot of fun, too!!

Wanda said...

You friend sounds awesome ~~ Being a single parent is hard, and I'm so glad she has the Lord to help her and friends like YOu, dear Louise.

Love and Hugs to all~

Nadine said...

Good friends are hard to find. It's nice to spend time together. You did a nice job with the photos.

Carl & Kathy said...

I'm really glad that you had the chance to get away for a special weekend with your friend and your girls. There's something about being together from morning to night that really builds a stronger friendship. I hope you can have more of these weekends away with a dear friend.

Rose said...

You Rock! i have to say I'm a little envious of your Girlie weekend since I don't have girls, I suppose I could try and dress one up as a girl and try but I bet Norm wouldn't let us out of the house LOL. I love all your pictures especially the one in the wedding dress, so sweet. Ezra looks so proud!!Love you and hope you are finally feeling better!

Gaby Funk said...

Oh Louise! I just LOVE you to bits! I absolutely love our friendship and how it's grown over the years. The support you've shown me over the years has been greater than I could have ever asked or imagined. It's friends like you who make this road easier for me to travel. The Lord will bless you and is blessing you in abundance for your selfless gift of love that you pour out to those who are around you. You have a real gift and set an awesome example of how God intended us to love. You ROCK - sista friend! Keep it up!

candypb said...

I can only emagine the laughs you shared that weekend. Put's a smile on my face. God Bless your friendship.