Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday to my Ezinator

I love you big huge much!!
Every year on my kids birthdays they get a date with mom. I pull them out of school and we hang out for the day they choose what they want to do and we do it together whatever it may be.

So today for Ezra's birthday we went out shopping to spend some of his birthday money he made really good choices of a lego set and two ps2 games one was used only $2.00 -good shopper he is AND he still has money left over. This is the part that really got me, he insisted on buying his sister a little something, I told him he didn't have to and that money was his to spend on whatever he wanted or save it but these were his words ' I want to buy Kez something and I know that she will like this' as he was holding u
p a high school musical necklace with the letter T for Troy. My heart melted what a tender moment for me, these are the two kids that if anyone in the house is fighting it is those two, thank God for these moments where the light comes shining in so brightly and hope is renewed, I SO needed that and I think every mother needs those kinds of moments to continue!
Then after shopping and lunch at A&W we went to see the first showing of Narnia:Prince Caspian based on the novel by CS Lewis. I LOVED the first movie and this one did NOT disappoint it was powerful and spoke to me personally on so many different levels the biblical parallels shine and there are moments where I cried, where I was extremely tense and moments of happiness and laughter all the makings of a GREAT movie! SO if you are a fan GO see it and if you haven't seen the first one I urge you to see it and it is a must before you go see this one!!
(I must also add, the actor playing the role of Prince Caspian is EXTREMELY easy on the eyes, I may have mentioned that a time or two to Ezra and he patted me on the head and said ' You have daddy and he is handsome too'..gotta love that kid)
click here to see a trailer
Now back at home to enjoy the evening!
Bless you all!
Have a fabulous weekend!! A LONG one for those North of the border!!!

8 comments:

Carl & Kathy said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday. My kids aren't in school yet, but the date idea sounds like a great one. And what a thoughtful boy. Wow! Wish him a very happy birthday!

Hope you have a great long weekend.

Rose said...

It sounds like you had a great day and he didn't want to go back to school like one of your other children eh?LOL I hope Ezra had a great day and how special is he to have thought of his sister on his birthday. I know it has everything to do with his wonderful upbringing, way to go Louise & Conrad!! Love you guys and wish Ezra a happy belated birthday again from us and a big squeeze hug!!!

Andrea said...

Okay, I just LOVE your birthday tradition with your kids. You are such a cool mom!!

And Ezra buying a gift for his sister...??

PRICELESS!!

it's me, Val said...

He is the sweetest big brother in the entire world. I only hope and pray Noah does something like that for his sis. Happy Birthday to Ezra!!!

(I love your "date with mom" idea so much!)

Debbie said...

What a great day. Your boy is really sweet. I like the idea of taking them out of school and just spending the day with them. I might just have to do that too.

ValleyGirl said...

Man, it's been forever since I've been here! It was great to see your smiling face in my comments today!!

I think I've said this before, but I think that's an awesome birthday tradition you have with your kids. What a thoughtful little boy you're raising. My older daughter did that too with her tooth fairy money. She didn't actually have quite enough to cover the item she wanted to buy for her sister, so I chipped in a bit!

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, too. I'm really not into fantasy and I was really skeptical about the first one, but I was forced to watch it. (we were youth leaders and doing the World Vision 30-hour famine. I mean 30-hour all-nighter!) I was pleasantly surprised that I actually quite liked it. And knowing there will be some eye candy is always a bit of extra incentive, too!!! ;)

Wanda said...

What a great great way to celebrate your sons birthday.

The pictures of him are adorable, and I love those dimples!!!!

Haven't see the movie yet....but soon.

Nadine said...

My heart melted reading your post. You son is a so very sweet.

I loved Prince Caspian also - great movie.