Pages

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Our First Bonfire of the year!!

It was a balmy 10C outside today and we had a fabulous bonfire/BBQ with our neighbors, we figured we'd kick off the season early. This is a common occurrence between us neighbors we'll throw together a quick supper and share it. As busy schedules would have it we have not been able to get together with this wonderful family for WAY too long so I am hoping that we'll have many bonfires this spring/summer!
Notice the snow still on the ground in some pics....gotta love it! It IS the way us Eskimos do it up here in the north, we do have our dogs and sled parked in our garage after all!! LOL
Have a wonderful night and I hope you are all enjoying the outdoors where ever you are!!
(click on picture to enlarge)




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

svea said...

it was so beautiful tonight. we actually walked right up 2nd ave by your little corner of the world tonight on our round niverville family walk. yipeee its spring. looking at the pics makes me want to BBQ right now!

Wanda said...

Can I come over???? It looks wonderful!!

lil ole' me..... said...

Oooh, I love a good BBQ!

Erin said...

Oh, that looks so good! I can't wait to start. We could start having bonfires with all the GARBAGE in our back yard!

cheeky said...

Hey!
Ok now that looks like fun.
The food looks so yummy.
And the fire cracking. Seriously, the photos would be a perfect spread in a magazine about early spring bbq's in in cold country.
Hope you are doing well. I'm sorry I don't get around much. I always love to see a warm hello from you. ((hugs)) to you.
xo

ValleyGirl said...

Looks like a great time! We've been enjoying those kinds of temps too lately, but we've still got quite a bit more snow than you 'southerners!' Although if this weather keeps up, it sure won't take long either. Woo-hoo!! I think it's cool that you regularly throw together an impromptu supper with your neighbours.

Carl & Kathy said...

What a great idea to get together with the neighbours. We kind of have a unique situation with neighbours so close in our courtyard. I love having supper outside on the picnic table and having whoever feels like it, to join us with their supper. It's good to connect with other people.

Andrea said...

I can't wait to have BBQ's with our new neighbours this spring/summer.

Looks like you had a BLAST!!