Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ever Get the Feeling........
Kids are growing up too fast and sometimes the 'older' kids think they are too cool for the younger ones. Well we have a neighbor boy that I am SO thankful for,his name is Brendyn he is 14 and he really takes time for my kids, he actually plays with them, teaches them moves on skateboards, plays street hockey,basketball, golf etc. and most importantly he listens.
These moments were captured through my window without them knowing, Conrad said 'hey Louise look outside' and this is what we saw, not only was he listening intently to Keziah and her ramblings but he taught her a secret handshake. Just too sweet for words.
I am so grateful for him and that he sees the importance of being kind to those younger than him because afterall it is those little eyes that are looking up to see the example!!
Thanks Brendyn for being such a good example to my kids!

( on a little sidenote Brendyn and Keziah are 6.5 years apart exactly the same as me and Conrad, things that make you go hmmm......LOL)
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Andrea said...

hmmmmmmmm is right. i was just thinking the same thing...

:)

so precious though!

Rose said...

That is so sweet and did you notice Louise he also has curly dirty blond hair? It is so awesome to have great neighbors and when they do such a great job raising their kids i'm so thankful it could be so opposite.
I am very interested in that book, it sure sounds familiar, why do we do it to ourselves? We are the ones who are going to suffer and unfortunately our kids most of all as we are not being good examples. Love you and miss you!!

it's a gong show... said...

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing!

We really enjoyed Kez last night (even though she didn't say 2 words :) It was great for Abbey to finally be able to have a friend over and thanks so much for the talk afterwards. I've been thinking a lot about what you all said. Thanks!

Roo said...

hmmmm
hmm
hmmmmm HMMMMMMMMMM. ;)

svea said...

THat is so special, I was thinkingthe same thing about some girls at the playground today they are in 4th grade and my little almost 3 year old was in AWE of them following at an uncomfortable closeness, but they were very sweet letting her be near and being kind to her. What a sweet guy.

Nadine said...

That is sweet.

I love how you keep changing your blog. I never know what it's going to look like. I love this look.

Gaby said...

Louise - it's just like we were talking about the other night...it's those solid relationships that we build in our lives that are so important and give us the encouragement that we need and the lasting memories. Keziah will always remember that neighbor boy and the time he took for HER and not just for the boys. You are lucky to have such awesome neighbors. And I'm sure your neighbors feel the same about you guys.

gloria said...

oh Mom! let her hit puberty before you start match making... ('cause then it will scare you so much you won't wanna)

lil ole' me..... said...

Ohhh, that is sweet.
I don't know that many 14 year olds would take time to spend with younger kids.
Yeah, she might be developing a crush soon!!! :)

Carl & Kathy said...

That's just awesome. We have a boy in our homegroup that totally takes the time for our kids. You think that preteens don't have any concern except for themselves. But then some gems surprise you. What a blessing....maybe he'll be blessing in years to come! :)

esther said...

awhhh that is too sweet.
what a heart he's got there :)

Debbie said...

That is too cute. I know, sometimes I wish my kids would grow up but then again I don't.

all over the map said...

Hi Louise!
Sweet indeed and I love the last bit how you made a connection with the age difference like you and Conrad. Too funny but 'eh you never know.
xo

Wanda said...

What precious children, and darling pictures.

Yes, they grow so fast, and I'm so excited that we are move in and close to all of ours now!!

LOL:) Wanda

it's me, Val said...

Very sweet. :)