Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008


OH BOY(s)....

Okay its has been a while since I have been up two or three times a night with a child, I know you all feel sorry for me. :0

Well last night I was up oh about four times with two different kids. First of all Noah has been having these wierd times every night almost exactly an hour after he falls asleep when he wakes up sleep walking and asks about the strangest things and is clearly in distress, yesterday he asked me how to make the snacks in his lunch box to which I replied 'you have a yogurt tube, granola bar and fruit cup all of which I buy so you don't need to make them' then the other night he was distressed about a 'ploovie' I asked him what is a ploovie? and he didn't know. He has strange sensations in his hands and only falls asleep again with ice and a pair of mittens over his hands and the ice. This happens every night and we have been to the doctor and they are sending us to a pediatric neurologist for further tests..so pray about that!

Then Ezra was up and he was hearing strange things and couldn't fall asleep so he came in our room and lay down on the floor and kept on complaining about what he was hearing and Conrad and I are trying to figure out what is up and all we came up with was that maybe because his nose was stuffed and ears maybe plugged so he was hearing the blood flow in his ears???? who knows ..I asked him if he was hearing music and maybe needed to go create a symphony at the piano like Mozart....okay so I was half asleep, who knows maybe he is a prodigy and was hearing a whole symphony in his head...I can dream right?? lol He only fell asleep at about 3am with my iPod listening to praise and worship.

So I am lacking sleep and enjoying every drop of coffee and could use and IV hook up!!! Man it has been a while since I have been up with kids, all you out there that are still getting up with your toddlers or infants I have a renewed appreciation for you...keep on going ladies!!!

Have a great day all I am off to grab another cup of Java!! Mmmmmm

8 comments:

Elin said...

I chuckled, because I remember when you were up numerous times a night with Ez and Kez. I hope Noah's appointment will happen soon, and that everything will get sorted out.
Maybe Ez has fluid in his ears..??

Just so you know, I was NOT up last night, for the first time in....I don't know, a LOOOOONG time. Even so, I needed coffee this morning.

Louise said...

Elin- yeah those were crazy times getting up every hour with Ez and Kez!! WAY to go to you for sleeping through the night last night!! I guess I should be saying that to Keagan!! LOL Hugs girl!

Roo said...

:) i'm pretty sure that God created coffee to help us mommies stay sane every morning. not confirmed but like i said -- i'm really pretty sure....

Louise said...

Roo- I totally agree with you I only started drinking coffee after having kids b/c it was a matter of survival and staying awake and had less calories than pepsi..lol!

esther said...

oh man louise...n was up last week too. this hardly ever happens anymore, i better get used to it :)
hope all is well tonite!!

Nadine said...

Here's praying for a good night's rest.

Wanda said...

There isn't a day pass that I don't take my hat off to young mothers ~~~ its the most challenging of all times. I'm praying rest for the boys, and more coffee beans for you dear!!

Wish I could wisk you away to Starbucks with me ~~ in our dreams.
Love and Hugs
Wanda

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get a good night sleep. Thanks for the sympathy...I can't remember the last time I slept through the night...maybe 5 or so years ago?! Well, I'll take your route and have a cup of coffee a bit more often.