Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

WHAT IN THE Wii IS GOING ON??
Okay so Conrad and I have been looking for this darn thing the Nintendo Wii for the kids you see it is a great game console that actually has "active" games where you have to provide the movements for bowling, golf, tennis. boxing etc. AND you can buy games like Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution that us adults enjoy as well. We can't find this thing anywhere, Toys R Us had 20 at each store available first thing this morning and I called at 10;30am and they were sold out yeah I guess calling wasn't smart but who wants to drive out there in freezing rain and slippery roads. My goal is to get this thing by May16th (Ezra's birthday) will I find it???? On e-bay it is way over priced, why in the world are they holding these things back and making it difficult for us people to find. Grrrrr anyway if anyone hears of them coming available anytime soon let me know!! Thanks..
Here is a video of a genius kid who has mastered Guitar hero at the age of 12 my eyes don't even move that fast let alone my hands lining up..yikers!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh yeah...I could do that! :)

(his 'younger' girlfriend must be so proud!)

i hope you track a wii down in time...

Tara said...

We have the Wii and the kids love it! Keep calling EB games they often get them in that is where we got ours last year. My thoughtful husband bought me playstation 3 for my birthday in January and Rockband and we have a blast playing it. Even though I think it was more for the kids and him! Lol! Just wait until its his birthday...day at the spa!

gloria said...

sister, I was ONE PERSON in line away from getting my kids Wii for Christmas. I was soooo dissapointed. They are holding them off the shelves to promote demand. It is an obvious and very successful marketing ploy. Keep in mind that this game was released in the same time frame as PS3 and Xbox 360, and there is no shortage of those games. People are being tricked into thinking that if it's hard to get, it must be better.

As far as the active part of the game, there have been a large amount of studies done and although Wii is more active than Xbox or PS, it is only marginally better and won't make a huge difference in your child's fitness. They are, of course, still encouraging the 30 minute walk instead.

My reason for wanting Wii over PS or Xbox was the TYPE of games it comes with. Less slasher drug dealing pimps and more Zelda and Super Mario type games.

Tara said...

Hey Louise, I tagged you over at my bolg to do a middle name "hoopla" go over and check it out!

Nadine said...

Wow. Impressive. That's pretty fast.

esther said...

that is so funny, i had never heard of this thing until just a week ago. s. wants one :) we'll see, hahaha!