Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008


Pushed out of Comfort and Into Peace...
I have been doing a Bible study with two other ladies and it is causing me to really stretch in my thinking and in my actions. I feel as though I am in a place of stretching again and with the gentle nudges and pushing out of my comfort zone I am finding more and more peace. Through the group study and the individual study I am learning more what it means to be all I can be in and through God's work and hand in my life. I am learning to question my motives and see whether or not I am doing what I am doing to please man or God (Galatians 1:10)I am learning what it is to be quiet with out the noise of the everyday world around me including the tv and computer and spending more of the quiet with God. I am learning more of what it is to listen, to truly listen to Him guiding and directing me in my everyday life and how much He truly cares about the small and insignificant things...and then realising how much more does He care about the big things?! I get all 'aflutter' inside when I anticipate the things to come, the growing, learning and stretching that is yet to take place and yet I know that with each stretch even if it leaves a mark I am growing and changing and becoming more of myself in HIM! Exciting stuff!!
One last thought that brings me so much joy and peace: If the Lord cares enough to know the number of the hairs on my head how much more does He care about me discovering the promises in Him and becoming all He wants me to be!!
Jeremiah 29:11-14 always one of my faves!!!
Message translation - "I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree


7 comments:

Wanda said...

That's some great insight Louise. I love watching young women grow in the Lord. The picture you added just speaks of silence and solitude.

Blessing on you in your Spiritual Journey...You are surely on the right track...
Lots of Love
Wanda

Nadine said...

Thank you Louise. I really needed to be reminded of this verse this morning.

May God draw you ever so closer to Him as you continue to seek Him more.

gloria said...

Hey! How Awesome for you.

I just started a Women's Bible Study too, and it's SUPER interesting and really talking to me right now in this place I am in.

candypb said...

Isn't it woundereful to be in such a place with God? I'm so thankful that you are being incuraged by other women and totaly surrounding yourself in His presence. God Bless you Louise.
you are a Gem...

Rose said...

Thanks Louise it's always such a blessing to read your Blog and all your thoughts are really so true and sometimes I need to hear them! I love that verse too and isn't it so cool about how he knows us so personally and loves us so unconditionally. Love you!

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Good for you Louise to allow God to stretch you. May you continue to seek and to grow and be blessed.

it's me, Val said...

I loved that, Louise :)