Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

On the mend....
I've had a crazy week but it was mostly fun.
On Monday we went to my folks for the day, it was great hangin out with my famiy having coffee and chatting and laughing as usual.
Tuesday I hosted a spa party at my house about eight of us getting pampered and enjoying chocolate fondue and other treats.
On Wednesday a great friend of mine came over for a sleepover with her two kids, we hadn't seen each other in months and had a great time catching up hopefully we'll do that again soon. Then Thursday night another friend of mine came over for the evening and we had a great visit. That night we also had FIVE extra kids for the night so that would make it EIGHT yup EIGHT kids in the house for the night and to play the next day...NOT a great time to get sick. WELL sick I was I got a NASTY flu and was awake all night from Thurs/Fri, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I cannot stand puking there are so many other things I would rather have happen than that....ICK...anyway. Thank the Lord for my hubby who stayed at home all day Friday to work from home and to supervise the lot of children that were here. I managed to get some rest throughout all the noise.
I did manage to get out of the house Friday night and go watch a chick flick with my friend Leesh the movie was Becoming Jane all about the life of Jane Austen...love those types of movies. It was a great movie an ending that wasn't the greatest but good none the less.
Now Saturday I am feeling much better still a tad on the weak side but better none the less.
Tonight I am taking Kezy and two friends to see High School Musical on Ice she has been counting down the sleeps to this event, it should be exciting. I am hoping to take some pictures, if I do stay tuned tomorrow for all the details!
Hope everyone is well at your homes!!
Have a great weekend!
L

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm sorry you have been sick. That nasty flu has been around and it's not pleasant.

It's always fun to go see a chick flick with a friend. Have a nice time at the ice show.

gloria said...

i am sorry you were sick..

i liked "becoming jane" too.. love the old romantic movies, loved "pride and prejudice" too, did you notice how similar they were? almost like her book was her story.

Roo said...

we've been sick all week. a couple weeks ago -- i got that stomach flu and then 8 days ago i picked up bronchitis.

glad your feeling better. we are slowly coming around as well.