Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Angry Nature or Helpful Heart.....

Yesterday I went out to Superstore to pick up a 'few' things and well the few never end up being a few and I had used one of those baskets to carry throughout the store and well it was getting quite heavy, so when I got to the checkout line I set the basket down and pushed it up slowly as the next person in line was being served. I was totally minding my own business and in my own thought world when an angry lady behind me sneered and said "pick it up already" and not in the nicest form either. I was shocked I turned around to look at her and she glared at me, I was speechless and caught off guard...and as I went through and paid and packed my stuff I kept on thinking 'what the heck is her problem, man I feel sorry for her family, what a jerk' etc etc....no not exactly the nicest thoughts and then as I was leaving and still feeling put off by this lady I prayed for her(in my head),prayed that something or someone would bless her today so she could leave her angry world for a moment and find some kind of joy in her life. (Even though I 'felt' like doing something else..grrr).I know, I know broad statement as to say that assuming from the comments she made she has nothing to be joyful about in her life. But my goodness if she has no problem treating a complete stranger like that how does she treat the ones she loves. Isn't it true that we so often treat strangers in our lives better at times then our own families?
so I went home and forgot about the whole incident till this morning...


I wake up and go into the kitchen to find Keziah making lunches for her and her brothers the only thing she needed help with was the sandwiches, then she set the table for breakfast and got all the ski pants and jackets and boots and mitts lined up so they were ready to go when it was time to leave for school....WOW this again caught me off guard. She wanted to serve the ones she loved and did it with a great attitude and kept on asking me if there was anything else she could do....okay you might be thinking what does this girl want? nothing ...her kind and loving nature is shining through her to the ones she loves. Is it always like this? no but I am thankful when I see this happening.

Her attitude and her giving nature today is what I strive to be more like everyday.

What a difference these two pictures are to me, one with an attitude so harsh and hurtful and the other thinking about the other instead of self. I know I can easily fall into the first picture but Lord I want to be the second picture to all around me!!
Thanks Kez for making my morning so bright!!

12 comments:

Elin said...

Wow - that lady at Superstore must have some pretty big hurts in her life...
Kezy - how sweet that she was helping you this morning - maybe she's like her dad and acts of service is her love language.??
Have a great day.

Louise said...

Yeah totally hey? Yes she is a lot like her dad that is the truth! Her love language is definitely words of encouragement.....gotta love these moments ;)

Roo said...

awwww... sweet daughter.

did you pass me this morning? i saw a beautiful lady in a mini van and once you had passed i thought to myself, "that! was! louise!" :) nice to see you irl and not just in cyber space.

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

Wow. What a day. I'm glad that you took the higher road and prayed for that lady. I'm with you, I would have been inclined to shout back. But God allowed your daughter to teach you that when you serve and treat others in love, everyone is blessed.

Wanda said...

What a beautiful post. It was so good, even when caught off guard, you prayed for her.

The world is full of hurting people...some act it our in a mean way.

And then there is that sweet little servant girl... love it.

Andrea said...

wow...praying for a stranger who was just rude to you -- that's a habit I've got to pick up!!

your daughter is so sweet!

Nadine said...

You are doing a great job to raise such a wonderful young lady.

Rose said...

Wow Louise, praying for that Lady, when you could have picked up her attitude just shows your true love for Christ, you go Girl! Isn't it so awesome to see our children doing things that are such a blessing and especially when you least expect it, so sweet. Love you and your posts, so challenging...

candypb said...

It's so nice to see your children growup and show their true nature. You are so Blessed to have such a wounderful daughter. (And boys of course, I love your kids)
I think I would have cried if I was put into a spot like you were with that lady. Nice to see I have other options. lol...
Your a great person, and thats why I love you so much. I'm sure you change many of our hearts with what you shared. Thank you for that.

Gaby said...

Louise, what an encouraging story. It just goes to show that actions speak louder than words when raising children. You are doing an amazing job with your children. I struggle with one never mind three! You go, sista-friend!

Louise said...

Roo-yes that was me and I waved at my bloggy friend!! Great to see you!
Kathy-great insight, thanks dear ;)
Wanda-yup too much hurt around us I just have to keep thinking WWJD even though the flesh wants to cry out and act crazy!!
Andrea-yeah I love my sweetie she is a keeper
Nadine-thanks hon for the great compliment!
Rose-ahh thanks sis means a lot to me to hear you say that!!
Candy-thanks sis, believe me I felt like crying too among all my frustration..we are alike!!
Gaby-thanks 'sista friend' you are doing an amazing job with Alea I am SOO proud of YOU@!@@

esther said...

what a sweetie-pie :)
good job, mama!!