Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008




Glimpses of our Cuban Paradise Vacation......

A week in the glorious sunshine with my babe and my brother and his wonderful wife. So many great moments and so many great memories. I love the country of Cuba and the people that live there. Here are just a few shots.....

(Two beautiful sweethearts, the boy on the right was given some hotwheels that we brought along that our boys sent and he was just tickled)

This was our third time to Cuba and each time we walk away feeling like we have been refreshed and renewed in our marriage and in our thinking. We are so very blessed to live the lives we live each and everyday in our abundance!! I CRAVE the life of simplicity and baulk at the consumerism that can so easily consume me, I get so frustrated by wanting bigger, better and more when I visit these places. I would trade all that for the opportunity to continue to travel the world and look outside of myself for the "bigger picture" especially when the small stuff can so easily consume me.SO many things seem so trivial in the grand scheme of things. The people of Cuba are gracious and beautiful. I am SO thankful for this trip and the time with my babe and my bro and his awesome wife!
Thanks for the memories guys!!






Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm glad you had a great time. It's so good to go to other countries and appreciate what we have.

BTW you look fabulous!

ValleyGirl said...

OOoo, I LOVE that last shot! THAT's where I want to be!

Cherrye said...

Those ARE amazing shots. WOW! I am glad you enjoyed it.

Andrea said...

Great pictures!
Glad you had a great time.

Now finish your unpacking and laundry so that you can RE-PACK for your next trip....

Ruth said...

you have been missed!

LOVE the pictures. i used to travel a lot and i had the mindset that if it didn't fit in my back pack - i didn't need it. oh to live the simple life again!

lil ole' me..... said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!! :)

gloria said...

looks like a wonderful time.

wish i could type in green, cause that is how i am feeling.

esther said...

lucky bum, welcome back!!!
looks like you had a FABULOUS time!!

Wanda said...

Sorry, I was coming around every day, and you weren't here...then boom, I don't come around and all these wonderful pictures!!
What a wonderful vacation!!