Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

Oh Yes it is true....
I have got some of the best friends around.
Last night I had a ladies night with three great friends, after we tucked the kids in bed we all gathered for some fun, treats and chatter.


It was a great night that lasted till the wee hours of the morning and after going home for a few hours of sleep and sending my kids off to school it all started again this morning.

Well even though it's my birthday tomorrow I did a bit of celebrating today while the kids were all in school.

The day started out with my a great pal Kyle who worked on my roots and then while the color was sitting we joined Michelle in her house(the salon is attached) and had a really healthy breakfast of chocolate, fruit, cinnamon buns and turnovers OH and champagne and orange juice and baileys and coffee(THANKS MICHELLE!!!!!).... Ah yes I don't know that this is 'allowed' but it is noon somewhere in the world right...heehee! More friends joined us, Lisa, Jackie, Felecia and Alecia and well the party got started we all sat around chatting and it was a hoot, do you ever have those times when everyone is talking all at once and then there is uproarious(word?) laughter and the conversation keeps going...gotta love it....Oh and my honey stopped by for a bit too.
Well after my hair was all done Jackie, Lisa and I hopped in the van and drove to the big city and they took me out for a deliciously healthy lunch of McDonalds, yup you read that right I am a cheap date, I know its sick but I HEART McDonalds...mmm. Then we did a bit of shopping and HAD to stop for a Gingerbread Latte at Starbucks(thanks again Jackie).
And here I sit at the end of the school day waiting for my kids to come home, I am SO blessed. I have such wonderful friends!!
Thanks ladies and Kyle for making my day so special!!
Tomorrow is another party, the annual cheesecake event but we are expecting 10-15cm of snow and 40-60km/hr winds so we'll see how many people can show up, can't wait!!!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
How was your pizza today? :)
I saw you at the counter and was going to wait till you were done to say hi...and then suddenly YOU WERE GONE!!

esther said...

how fun is that?!?!?
happy birthday :)

Ruth said...

Happy birthday louise. you got my mouth watering!

ValleyGirl said...

Yes, and we're expecting to make the drive from Swan River to Winnipeg in those conditions today -- wish us luck!

Hope you have a great day -- an annual cheesecake event sounds like something I'd like to be a part of!! (certainly a tradition I'm going to consider starting!)

Happy birthday, Louise!! And I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear Louise.
Happy Birthday to you.

Just wanted to sing you a happy birthday.

Wanda said...

What a happy looking bunch. Happy Birthday Louise.
And A Merry Christmas
Love and Hugs
Wanda

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise, I just read about 6 weeks of your entries, it's been a while. I always enjoy reading about your life and your great experiences and quotes. Thanks for your kind words, it has been a tough christmas but I'm so thankful for a close family who always gives support, you're the best!
Love you big huge much!

Rose

Carl & Kathy Heppner said...

It sounds like you had a wonderfully sweet birthday. Glad that you are able to celebrate with family and friends. And the pictures you took with your new camera are gorgeous!

it's me, Val said...

I have heard so much about Kyle that *I* want Kyle!!! No fair. (Ha!)

Your friends sound truly awesome. You deserve awesome-ness. Happy Birthday!!!!

And Merry Christmas and happy New Year, Louise!!

Andrea said...

Hey girl...when you get back from all of your VACATIONING...I have something for you on my blog (look under sunday, january 6th)