Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Wonderful Day!!!!!

Today I spent the day with my friend Alecia at a scrapbooking function in my town. It was a blast. I set out to make Christmas gifts for friends and family and I got a lot accomplished. I can only however show you the one item I made for myself ,as family and friends do read this and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
I made myself this modge podged scrapbooking canvas that has my mom's favorite verse and it is also a favorite of mine and it reads ' As for me and my house we will serve the Lord' and it will hang in my entrance for all who enter into my house to see first thing!!
I love spending the day crafting it is somewhat healing for me, as I sit and look at the pictures of loved ones in my life I realise all that I have to be thankful for and I also become aware of how I can be better all around as a friend, mother,wife etc. I am so incrediby blessed and I do not want to take it forgranted!!!




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Rose said...

That is so Gorgeous Louise, can you make me one? You know your Mom will want one for sure and I'm sure your other sister-in-laws would also love one, no pressure of course. Love you!

ValleyGirl said...

That's a wonderful idea and you did an AWESOME job making it! That looks really good and makes a great statement about your family to all your guests.

Gloria said...

that is truly a work of art Louise.

Louise said...

Rose-too bad I don't have your ticket name... I did make one for mom that is different than that but I think she'll really like it, I'll see if I get all the ones done for Christmas that I want and then I can possibly make you one.

Valleygirl-thanks, I had a blast making it too, I so want to post the other ones I made but it'll give the surprise away ;(

Gloria- thanks dear this is something I truly enjoy, scrapbooking and the whole deal!

Andrea said...

WOW! That looks really cool. It makes me want one for my house too!!

Great job! You are so creative!

Erin said...

LOVE it!!! I so wish I had been able to come. I was so mad that I had to say no. That was a first for me...I NEVER say no to a scrapbooking day. In the end it was good that I didn't come because I was wasted from my week. Love you lots and I can't wait till we can scrapbook together again.

it's me, Val said...

That is really awesome :) I wish I had the energy to scrapbook. It drains me because I am so anal about each page, so I end up spending about 15 hours on one page and then I am never happy with it. So I gave up. My creativity is in the photograph. I'll leave the after stuff to you crative people! :)

Great artwork. I really love it.

Louise said...

Andrea- it is really easy to make and adds a nice touch, I love it!
Thanks for your kind words!

Erin-We totally missed you on Saturday!! Next time and NO excuses...LOL!! Love you lots!

Val- your pictures are GORGEOUS and you have such a gift!! Every now and then I get creative and this comes out!! When you come for a visit you will take the pictures of me and you and Erin and then we'll do this canvases together to take one home!! DEAL?!
Hugs to you!