Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

What a way to start the day....
Off to take the kids to school and as always Rex comes along for the ride WELL today was different when the kids jumped out Rex jumped out and ran across the road, Ezra is freaking out crying yelling' no Rex no' and I jump out of my van...thank the Lord I am dressed in more than my usual PJ's to drive them I was actually fully clothed, I ran across the street after him, I had visions of this tiny investment being squished and my kids and about 100 other kids witnessing it. Well after running into the playground on the other side of the street I caught up to the dog and boy was I ticked, ticked not only because it traumatized Ezra and what a way to start his day but also because I felt so out of control in the situation. The first instinct is to run out into traffic after the dog but then you have to stop yourself. While I am in the flurry of running after my dog some kid yells' hey I saw you on tv' and I brushed him aside saying ' yeah good'...so if that was your kid he officially thinks I am a tv diva...sorry!! just trying to get my dog.
Now Rex sleeps peacefully in his bed beside the computer but I think he KNOWS he ticked mama off.
I just hope Ezra has a good day despite what he saw in the morning!!

Sidenote this got me thinking......I thought about how many times does God try to save me from a close call and He is looking down at his investment yelling 'no Louise no' don't do that and I just ignore and run anyway! Thank goodness He is there with his big arms to scoop me up when things do go wrong and give me a gentle warning but it could've ended differently and it is all about what choice am I making, am I truly listening or am I ignoring and running.

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Ha, don't even get me started on stupid pet 'tricks.' There certainly are good life lessons all around us, if we open our eyes. I'm just glad you remembered your clothes this morning!!

Andrea said...

Hopefully Ezra was able to relax and concentrate in school today!

I can just picture you leaping out of the van, racing after him...hee hee hee!!

Gloria said...

good thing is they usually only try that once or twice, at least, my dog only tried that once or twice. But then, she IS an angel! :)

Ruth said...

so true louise. as it says, "as in the spiritual -- so in the natural" (and vice versa)

Annette Burkett said...

Aren't you glad He must've told you earlier that morning that you needed to get dressed?!