Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007


The Rainbow..a sign of God's Promise to Noah.
On Sunday I was so blessed to go to Niagra Falls my brother and his wife thought it was fitting to go to the scene of my fear of heights so that I could conquer it. After appearing on NOW I realised that this could be done as I had done things WAY worse. So off we went on a little road trip to the Falls. As we arrived I started getting butterflies and as we got to the edge the most beautiful rainbow appeared SO clearly. I looked over the edge of the falls and felt a sense of accomplishment. I am was reminded that God's promise to me is that He will never leave me or forsake me, what a fantastic promise, one that I can hold onto each day no matter what the circumstance. Seeing that rainbow reminded me of that and all of God's beauty in creation. We are truly blessed to live on this earth and experience His beauty around us each day. I am so thankful that I got to overcome the fear once and for all. Will I experience butterflies when I come to a situation out of my comfort zone? i think absolutely but through it all I know that my security lies with the One who created this all for me to enjoy!!!
What a blessing, God is so good!!!
Thanks Al and Beck for giving me a day to remember!!!!




Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Loved your vacation pix on Facebook. Looks like you had a great time!

Gloria said...

Did I mention you look fantastic with the dark hair?

Andrea said...

What a beautiful picture at the top!

(the bottom one is good too -- you look gorgeous as always!)

Ruth said...

love the pictures. and i love the story of noah. his whole walk is amazing to me. how he built this flippin ARK when there had never ever been an ark before. he built by Gods direction and with people laughing at him....

can you imagine? i wonder if he ever thought he was going crazy or if he just had this absolute unwavering faith for the many many many years it took him to build.

Wanda said...

Beautiful, the falls, the rainbow and you!
I flew over Niagra Falls in that 4 passenger plane years ago. I shall never forget that sight!!!

:>

Mills' Memoirs said...

great job, Louise! What an amazing accomplishment, and testimony to God's goodness!

Erin said...

Yay, Louise! Being by the Falls must have been a much more fulfilling experience for you. So proud of you. Love you lots.

Nadine said...

You look great. The Falls are beautiful. I went once when I was a kid and stayed with me.

candypb said...

I love the falls. So happy you made it home safe. Congrats on another defeat.

Andrea said...

hi again...i have an award for you over at my blog -- come and get it when you have a chance!

Tara said...

What a beautiful picture, sounds like you had a blast!

Rose said...

hmm, what can I say that hasn't been said... man, Girl you've got so many awesome friends! Well I'm going to simply say I love you and I'm proud of you once again!
And I second Gloria's comment about the hair.

esther said...

what fun...
what victory in your life!!!
what an amazing testimony you've got friend :)

lil ole' me..... said...

Oooh... just beautiful.