Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2007



A Day to be thankful and ask for a prayer......


I feel so incredibly blessed in my life I have so many great friendships, my kids light up my world, I have a hubby who cares SO much and the list could go ON AN ON but I have a little story and one I need your help with....


A bit over a week ago my dad got a call from his doctor and they wanted to do further tests to see if he has colon cancer and they were going to make him wait till Dec 13th( yup CRAZY) so my mom got on the phone and told them this isn't good enough get us in SOON...so this Wednesday Oct 10th at 2:30pm my dad is going for further tests so if you think of it anytime, now , later.....anytime please send up a prayer for my daddy. I love this man SO much, he is my modern day hero, he has colored my world with SO much love and laughter our family is not complete without all his stories, he is truly loved. I thank you in advance for those prayers!! He was in a great mood today but continue to pray for peace in his life.....thanks!

Also praying for my bro Sheldon( Candy's Hubby) in some pain and also going for tests. Its a strange time in our family right now never really experienced any sort of illness, we are keeping in good spirits and hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. Thanks all for your kindness and thoughts!!

Hope you all had a fabulous thanksgiving and aren't too stuffed(umm yeah who are we kidding right?)



15 comments:

Gloria said...

I like your dad. Isn't he like the complete opposite of your Mom? Do you have more than 2 brothers? I remember Norm and then another one, but he looked different than the guy in this picture.

(puugwax?)

Louise said...

Hey Gloria..yeah I love my dad he is a sweetie, my mom has her gifts to she knows how to get things done and she has a deep devotion to her family...each different in their expression of love!
I have three brothers Norm Allan and Sheldon, Norm and Allan older than me and Sheldon is younger.
What is puugwax???

it's a gong show... said...

i'll definitely remember your family in my prayers. it's very scary when loved ones that are so close to you become ill. i hate that kinda stuff!

esther said...

praying for you papa, and bro :)

Ruth said...

praying for your family. keep us posted. shalom.

Nadine said...

I pray that the Lord would bring healing to your dad and your brother. I pray for good reports.

Wanda said...

Your Dad and Brother are handsome men. They will both be on the top of my prayer list! God is Good, and the Blessed Controller of All Things!...
Love and Hugs
Wanda

Gloria said...

Allan! That's it!

Sure didn't mean to insinuate that your mom isn't a cool person. She definately is. A whole lot like my momma, all tough exterior and gooey insides.

Puugwax was my security word. Weird huh?

Louise said...

Gloria- too funny!! i was wondering what the heck that word was...lol. Yeah my mom can be tough but she has got a freat soft side and my dad is all softy...lol!
Have a great day!
Louise

Louise said...

Hey Ladies
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! I am so blessed to have this network of support!
I will keep you all posted!!
Louise

Elin said...

Hi Louise,
I just read your post this morning. I will be praying for them both - and for you as well.
Love you lots!

Andrea said...

It's scary when people we love get sick. Praying for you...

Ruth said...

ps -- and i see you got your incredible eyes from your daddy. :)

Wanda said...

Hi Louise: Have you found out anything...will keep praying!

candypb said...

I'm so sorry that I hadn't looked at your blog in such a long time. It's been about a week and I've missed so much. I know I've spent two day's with you in the past week, but the blog world always brings it to another level.
Thank you for your prayer request for Sheldon. I can't thank you enough. Some day's I forget that there are others out there that love Sheldon as much as I do. In a way you could think of it as selfish. I'm sorry...
We can't live life alone and you've open up my eye's yet again.
Thanks for making me cry. lol
I think I needed it. It's been hard supporting Sheldon and staying sain.
I love you with all my heart.