Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The First day of school.......
all went well today the kids went off for their first day with big smiles and actually excited to start the new school year. Kez was so brave such a trooper...gave me a hug and said 'bye mommy'....and thus began my momentary freedom..no kids from 9-4 what to do??? well here is the exciting, thrilling and absolutely exhillerating part ......hang on here it comes.....I went to a weight loss meeting..yup you read that right!! how exciting is that?? LOL I went and got weighed and well if that wasn't enough to brighten my day I at least shared it with friends(not my weight, the time)...I guess after six years of carrying around this 'baby weight' I really don't have an excuse that I still have a baby...she is in GRADE ONE afterall!! SO as many times as I have started and failed miserably I don't know that this will be any different but I will put my best foot forward and at least give it a good go at it.....so yeah that was that...then us girls(who all got weighed in) went for breakfast and a bit of shopping, got home and the girls came over and THAT was my day..it was great to just be able to go and not worry about coming home by 1pm or bringing kids. (no cleaning or laundry or organizing got done in the making of this day...there is always tomorrow...I hear a gasp coming from my mom and mother in law...heehee)

The best part of all was that the kids had a FANTASTIC day they all had a great time and that IS an answer to prayer!!

Hope all you moms out there had a great first day back to the schedule...enjoy your evening!! Hugs to you all!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Louise, you are funny. How I wish I had "baby" fat instead of "grandma fat" It's heavier, and sags more! Good luck in your new adventure...I think you look perfect...but you need to feel that way too. Love and Hugs.

Louise said...

Okay Wanda
I MUST admit it isn't "just" baby fat it could have something to do with the fall of man and with it came CHOCOLATE!!! LOL...oh and Mc Donalds....like Noah said to me yesterday 'why does everything that tastes SO good have to be bad for you?' my sentiments exactly!!

Gloria said...

lol @ gasping mothers. mine would SO gasp too! it's the mennonite machine thing, we are all supposed to be one!

Andrea said...

Glad you enjoyed your first day kid-free!! Wow.

I wish you success with your weight loss goals.

Louise said...

Gloria- that is TOO funny but totally true, I guess they don't understand how we could leave things the way we do and actually go out and socialize knowing that our house needs work...LOL

Andrea-thanks for your encouragement!!!

Nadine said...

You are too funny about the baby weight. You are just lovely just as you are. The kids look adorable for the first day of school. I'm glad all went well for them.

Erin said...

Glad the kids had a great day! Good for you on joining Tops! Wishing you success and fun ; )

ValleyGirl said...

Today's Hannah's first day. Sigh. I'm sure she'll have a blast and I know it'll be routine after just a short while, but today the house feels very quiet and empty. And since Abby is my VERY LOUD CHILD, to have a quiet house means she's obviously feeling it, too!

Ruth said...

way 2 go! (on the weight loss thingee) it's so easy to get discouraged when you've started and failed at something a few times in a row. i know.

abraham lincoln is amazing to me. he went through set back after set back but because he never quit -- he eventually became president. whadaya think louise? canada could use a female in office, and your kids are now in school full time. ;)

Louise said...

Nadine- thanks for your kind words..you are sweet!

Erin -thanks I hope it'll be fun and encouraging

Valleygirl- enjoy the quiet and enjoy Abby it goes fast!!

Ruth- you are SO funny, I am SO non confrontational so being a politician is out of the question!! LOL...been discouraged SO many times SO we'll see how this round goes!! I follow Abraham Lincoln!!

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

awesome Louise i'll be praying for your fight with chocolate and Mcdonalds and I ask you to do the same for me I know you can do it but I agree with your friends you look awesome the way you are but I know you also have to feel that way too. The kids look so cute... My oldest baby started today and at first i was worried because he was crying but pulled himself together and was actually happy when we left.
Gotta go and put all my babes to bed, love you and miss you!