Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Why does this have to be so FRUSTRATING??...
Okay so I realise that I already posted today but the day is LONG so here I go again....This whole parenting business, is there anyone out there who breezes through it all without and glitches along the way and your kids still turned out?? If so I want to hear from you...
Today has been one of the most frustrating parenting days I have had in a while, maybe it is a combo of a few days of frustrating moments that built into one gigantic explosion of frustration. I do love my children dearly but the "feeling" isn't always there. My daughter is one of the MOST stubborn people I have ever met, she is so incredibly persistent and doesn't listen to reason during these moments and I have to be so consistent with my discipline that it is exhausting!!! then throw into the mix a boy that means well but has to deal with self-control in the area of dealing with his sister!
a) I am convinced that PMS starts for girls at age 2 and
b) if the Lord really only gives me what I can handle why is this so hard??
I so hope and pray with all my heart and being that my children turn out and that foremost in their life they love the Lord. So doubt creeps in and screams as loud as a megaphone in my head saying' you are so horrible, you are the worst mom ever, your kids will hate you...' I know that I shouldn't listen to that but it is hard..I know that God will walk me through this and that he'll give me the words and the means to deal even when all of me is screaming out loud!!!
So I only hope and pray that I am doing something right and that things will calm down around here!!
but for now I hear my boy calling for me and the question I ask is ....God can this please be it???at least for today!....

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Ah, Louise...I feel your pain! I have TWO terribly stubborn girls; It can make for some pretty rough days. I can just imagine what their teen years will be like....(shudder!).

praying for you...you're not alone!!

p.s. don't apologize about posting more than once in a day...i'm known to often do multiples in one day on a fairly regular basis!!

it's me, Val said...

Oh Louise. I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, we are all there, walking nearly in your shoes every day. You aren't alone! I hope tomorrow is a better day. . .

And for the record, I have a feeling that your children will turn out perfectly fine. I think mine might also (stress the word "think"). It's so easy to question ourselves (see, I just did!). I mean, we are one person, and one person that decides the WORLD for our children right now. Everything depends on us. That's a lot to handle each day for imperfect mammas like us. But remember that these kids think we are perfection. So just give it your best. They think we're doing our best. And if they question us and our decisions, well, just don't question yourself. Know you're doing your best because God is leading you and teaching you to do your best. We aren't perfect, but in His eyes we are pretty darn close! Love makes the world go round and as long as you are leading with love in your heart, that's near perfection to me :)

(((hugs))), you are a great mother!

it's me, Val said...

P.S. I post alllll the time more than once a day! I'm very well known for that! :)

Louise said...

Andrea - thanks for your prayers !! I SO appreciate that!

Val- thanks for all those encouraging words, I think deep down I know they will be fine but going through hard days like that takes all the energy inside to keep on disciplining!! Again I appreciate the encouragement!!! THANKS!!

Ruth said...

((hugs))
i think every mama feels that way....i know i used to tell my mom, "you're the best mom ever!" and she would look at me and say, "am i??"

praying for you today.....May God continue to overwelm you with His strength.

ValleyGirl said...

Oh, Louise, you are so not alone in this!! I have so much trouble being patient with our younger daughter, but you know, the fact that both she and her sister give me hugs and tell me they love me multiple times a day tells me that, even though I feel like it, I'm probably not a bad parent in their eyes -- which is really the important thing.

Erin said...

Hope you're having a better day today! I have days like that all the time. And I absolutely agree...PMS starts at 2 (or maybe earlier).

Wanda said...

Louise, if this old grandma could hold you in my arms right now, and rock you back and forth...I would.

We raised four, and I always felt like "I" raised them, cause I'm the one they would get mad it, be stubborn with, break my heart....Well dear. That's was a long time ago...My oldest is 45, my youngest is 37. They all turned out good, and believe it or not....these kids, that thoutht I did everything wrong....didn't understand...praise me today...Remind me what a good mom I was.....Louise...I hope I still alive to read your post when you adult children rise up and call you blessed....you are sweetheart!!
Love and Hugs
From Grandma Wanda

Louise said...

Ruth - thanks for your prayers I have truly felt the strength of God today!!

Valleygirl - thanks for the reminder...they still do tell me they love me and that does make it all worth while!

Erin- thanks dear! Its nice to know I am not alone! Hope you are doing well!!

Wanda - you rocked my world with your words...check your email I needed to send some comments to you personally!!! :)