Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007


A Treasure....
One that I cannot put a price on and one I will most certainly keep in my 'treasure' chest. I came across Noah's school composition book today while cleaning up backpacks(yes it had not been done since school ended) and I came across his composition book and it nearly brought me to tears. You see Noah is my 'quiet' one when it comes to sharing feels and emotions so when I read this I was moved, moved by how much he treasures the simple things, like laying in bed with me in the mornings, having ice cream as a family, golfing with daddy, family movie night...he expressed these things in his book, I am truly touched. I am so happy that I came across this today, it made some of the things I have been thinking of lately seem so trivial, this is what is truly important...what my kids will remember.....

I realised that with everyday I spend with my kids memories are being created in their little minds, some of the things I may feel are so 'simple' they may be big things to my kids and may be exactly what they need to feel loved and treasured in that moment!! I pray that the good memories far outweigh the bad.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Awwww...how sweet, his journal entries.

Glad you stumbled across that today. Thanks for sharing it!

ValleyGirl said...

You're so right. Greg and I had a conversation about this just this morning. (you know, instead of sleeping in!!) I struggle a LOT with being a stay-at-home mom. I don't know if I couldn't honestly say I love my job. I realize it's the most important job and I do love my girls, but it just drives me crazy almost daily, it seems. I need to starting looking at my day through their eyes instead of mine. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Andrea said...

Hey Louise -- check out my blog; I tagged you for a meme.

Louise said...

valleygirl- I so hear you on this one...I too feel the same way I don't know that I "LOVE" my job everyday but given the choice I wouldn't do anything else and I do know that it is SOOO important and I do love my kids and I do enjoy being with them..and it does feel like I have so many of those going crazy days..but I guess in the end its the time and energy that we put into those kids and with Gods grace and with many prayers they will turn out to be great adults who give back to others!! That is my hope...so know that you are not the only one going nutts daily and try and enjoy the trip because goodness it will go by too fast!!!

Erin said...

I actually tagged you first for the same meme, so you can feel special that we both tagged you!

Nadine said...

Wow that's just wonderful. It speaks volumes of what a good mom you are by the things he remembers include you, your husband and the rest of family. That is just so warming.

Tara said...

This is so true, our children grow up so fast. I hope the memories will last a life time!

Rose said...

Oh is that ever awesome Louise, I hope and pray that someday my boys will write something like that. I have to say I have been feeling the same way as Valley girl lately about not liking my job at home very much but knowing how important it is and then feeling guilty that I have those thoughts. I love my boys so much but somedays I feel like I would like to sell them on E-bay, what an aweful Mother to think like this I know. I also know that God is with me everyday and will give me the wisdom if I listen and sometimes I know I don't listen,it's comforting to know I'm not alone when sometimes I feel so alone. Thanks Louise for sharing from your heart it means so much to me and for your honesty to say it like it is. I love you and I hope you always feel my love and respect for you, I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law and friend.

Louise said...

Erin- hopefully I'll get to it...LOL

Nadine- thanks for the sweet comment!! You are a sweetheart!

Tara-yuppers they grow up like weeds...WAY to fast!! gotta cherish those moments!

Rose- you are such a darling!! Thanks for your words of encouragement and love I am blessed to have you as a sis in law! You are SOO not alone in those feelings I think we all have days where E-bay sounds like a good option or retirement...its normal but the love always remains! You are a GREAT mom!!
Love you LOTS!!! ((((HUGS))))