Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Okay so I didn't get the shot....
One of my FAVORITE things about summer are the canola fields I love the way they 'glow' yellow especially on a cloudy day...everytime I drive by them I say 'oh it would look so great to have a picture in the fields' and I always tell my kids how canola fields are my favorite and yada yada yada. SO we are out for a drive yesterday and here is my chance a beautiful canola field on a not so busy stretch of highway I can get the kids in and out quickly to take a pic...the sun is shining the canola is glowing and we can get this done in two minutes and avoid any wrath from a farmer...so out hop my not-so-thrilled kids for ANOTHER one of moms photo ops(oh the joy of being my kid..heehee...just wait till we go on our holidays kids...LOL!) and I get them to run to the field turn around and smile....well....um.....yeah..I guess the sun was a bit too bright for those little kid eyes...opps...at least the field is bright..ahhh just what I love!!


BUT WAIT.....

I did get one with the field not so bright and two of the kids with their eyes open...





Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ruth said...

THAT'S SO GREAT!!! i am always thinking the same thing -- how i would love to get a picture of my family in those fields. :)

you have beautiful babies.....

esther said...

me too, me too!!!
canola fields are sooo gorgeous...and come late summer, those sunflower fields on the way to Morden are mighty beautiful too...:)

ValleyGirl said...

I'm with you on how they look, but having lived right next door to a few now for the last 5 years, I've lost a bit of appreciation due to their skunk-like smell!! Some of my favourite pictures involve canola fields, though. I love the pic of your kids -- I might have to send my girls into the stinky stuff and snap a few myself...

Louise said...

Ruth- Do it and then post it...I'll be waiting!!

Esther-mmm thanks for the idea my kids might be hopping out of the van for another photo op in the sunflower fields...lol

Valleygirl- yeah I guess they are somewhat smelly hey? but SO gorgeous..DO please take the pictures of your girls and post them and then let me know k??? Can't wait!!

Erin said...

So fun! Our canola field is now green. I'm so glad that was my view every day. When the sun was shining on it I could have just sat and stared at it. So pretty.

Anne said...

I have a picture of my Sister & I in a Canola field, my Dad made us get out & take a picture and we grumbled!!... I treasure it! I miss the endless fields of the praries.. thanks for the picture!! by the way Ezra is looking so grown up!! What a great group of cuties!!

Nadine said...

That is a pretty field. What a great picture. My husband feels your kids pain - I'm forever taking a picture of him or other things for a blog post. Hey isn't that what love is for?

Ancient Clown said...

Blessings:

Here's a thought to share with the kids.
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Joyce said...

Sammy just learned to identify those fields. We hear shouts of CA-NO-LAH!!! as we tour the prairies.

canola beside flax... my absolute favourite.