Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A random thought today.......
My baby will be in school fulltime in the fall so what is the expectation here...back to work? stay at home? have a perfectly clean house? laundry always caught up? fantastic supper on the table every night? WOW....kinda overwhelming for me, not only has this stage of my life gone by so fast but now what do I do with the next phase?? I really want to be here for my kids so I think going back to work is out of the question right now and Conrad is very encouraging of that. As for the whole clean house thing I pray that I get better at that, I'm not too messy of a person but I know that I can definitely improve in that department. Where did the time go, when did my kids grow up?? During the toddler years( yes when they were all toddlers at the same time) the days didn't go by fast enough and now standing at this end of the tunnel looking back I say to myself ' where did the time go?' I always hated it when mothers told me 'cherish the time it flies by' man that drove me absolutely nutts and now I find myself as one of those annoying mothers saying the same thing to mothers with young children... SO what is next? I don't know, I just pray that I can raise my kids to become great adults, adults who love the Lord and enjoy life and I guess that is my answer...I'll do my best at this end so when I stand at the end of the "next tunnel" looking back at this time in my life I won't regret spending more time with my kids and wishing I had taught them at those teachable moments. I guess I have another 6 months to deal with the feelings of sending my baby off to grade 1, I just pray when the day comes I am ready.....each stage of letting go only a taste of the eventual letting go in adulthood!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a place to be! I look forward to it, but I also remind myself that these years are going by too quickly. That and I'm probably only half way through the whole having kids yet, LOL! I'm sure you'll find a very fulfilling way to spend your time (coffee anyone?) Hee, hee ;) You'll have to come keep all of us company who still have YEARS till that kind of freedom!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog !!! I'm Max a 33 years old french canadian from Montreal and i'd like to invit you to my new virtual irish pub , the McDuff irish pub. So have a beer or a drink and come enjoy yourself at my place ...see you !!!
(... you can let me a comment in my guest book) ,Max

http://McDuffPub.blogspot.com/

Nadine said...

I remember when my youngest went to school...he was excited and I cryed. You should take your time to decide what to do...I worked while they were in school and picked them up so they never knew the difference, but boy was I tired.