Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Il DIVO...
I got Il Divo tickets for my birthday back in December for this fabulous concert....
So off Jackie and I went yesterday to this event. It started out with a young guy by the name of William Joseph (click on his name to hear the cd) playing fabulous piano....WOW he was amazing and good looking to boot...lol!

Then ..............
IL DIVO
...wonderful, amazing, fantastic..they have SUCH great voices and with a full orchestra behind them this was such a feast for the ears!! The age group of people there ranged from 18-90...lol...there were so many excited grannys mobbing the stage(okay maybe mobbing is a bit exaggerated)..they did the finale song sitting on the edge of the stage and there were women all over these guys, they managed to sing and sign autographs at the same time, these men are also very handsome, hence the reason for all the flocking of women....as Jackie and I were leaving the parking lot a 60something year old women knocked on my window so I rolled it down and she exclaims"now we can be in love forever." oh okay lady...too funny.... (For more a more detailed description of the concert click here..Erin's Blog!! )

But on a more serious note this got me thinking these guys actually get 'worshipped' wherever they go, women going nutts at one look or glance from these guys and this will be enough to sustain them till their next "fix" of the next big thing. We has humans are created to worship and if we don't have God in our lives we seek out something/one to worship. Although I LOVE going to these concerts and listening to the fabulous music, my hope is that these guys know where their gift came from!! and if only all those people could get that excited about God as well...it is SO okay to lift your hands in a concert in praise of someone on stage but yet at church hands stay beside us for fear of what others may think......well anyway enough of Pastor Louise's commentary on the whole deal....it was a GREAT concert and I'd definitely see them again! Thanks Jackie for the fabulous birthday gift!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wasn't it incredible? Where were you guys sitting? I'm still in the morning after concert glow. Just loved it. Great post! Very good description of the whole feel!

shelley said...

So true!! All of it, amazing gifts, amazing looks, amazing sound, amazing God!

Ruth said...

i enjoyed your thoughts. shalom!

it's a gong show... said...

I just still can't believe that I had NEVER heard of this group until I read Gloria's post. I considered myself to be a "with it" mom but apparently not. Sounds like I really missed out on an awesome concert.