Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007


HELLO....someone is watching...
The other day I caught Kezy walking around with a cell-phone tucked under her chin pretending to talk to someone, she was asking all sorts of questions and then answering 'someone elses' questions, I was laughing so hard it was just the cutest thing.....and when I was sharing this story with someone they said..gee I wonder where she gets it from?...oh yeah I guess she does see me on my cell and she obviously thinks its important to me. So today I was thinking, 'what else does she view as important things to me?' am I modelling a life of computer, TV and other "things" or does she see me worshipping, praying and spending time in the word. I so often get caught up in my life and forget how closely she is really watching and imitating me....My prayer and my desire is that she grows up to be a woman of God and a great mother! I guess its good to have an awareness of where I spend my time!!! There is always someone watching!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Convicted, convicted, convicted!!!! Okay, I'd better get off my computer and go do something that models the kind of person I want my kids to see!!! Thanks for the reminder : )

svea said...

Great post Louise. This is something that I have been really convicted of in the past 6 months, as little bit has grown into such an acute awareness of EVERYTHING i do. We put our TV away, and I have been trying to stay off the computer as much as possible. It is amazing the free time I have now. hee hee hee. Maybe I should take up scrapbooking with all my free time!

Ruth said...

VERY true. they are little sponges that are looking to soak up everything around them. and little mirrors of our own lives.

shalom louise. xo

Heidi Neufeld said...

Phelyn does the exact same thing with her play cell phones! It is funny but it does make you think..like this morning when i said "okay girls, we're leaving in a few minutes" Phelyn looks at me and says "okay mom, but first you have to put on your makeup right?"
I think jaw almost hit my bedroom floor...hopefully I'm not teaching her that you have to put on makeup to make yourself beautiful....

See you friday!
Heidi

Nadine said...

Very true are your words, filled with wisdom.

Your daughter is so cute - I love the pink in her hair.

cheeky said...

Who needs a mirror when you have children?
Really places things in perspective doesn't it?