Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A GREAT DAY...
Today I had an awesome day it wasn't because anything special or significant happened in my life....it was a great day because I felt God. I felt His love all around me, in the warmth of a smile and the warmth of the sun(yeah finally) and in the conversations with friends. It is so amazing to catch a glimpse of the love that He pours out on us everyday!! I Love my Lord with all my heart and even though I am a constant work in progress I catch the glimpse of how deep His love is for me and it is an all consuming happy feeling that nothing can shake and that no one can take away. God has done amazing work in my life even in the past year, moving from a low self worth to a self worth that comes from seeing myself through God's eyes...what an amazing feeling, one that no husband, friend or parent can provide, the love they give us will never be enough if that is our source. Our self esteem and self worth can and should only come from God and all the rest is extra, don't get me wrong I love getting flowers from my hubby and having him compliment me but he is not my source for my self worth,..that was a HUGE realisation for me. I still have days where I "feel" off but I know that God's love for me is never changing!! So yeah today was awesome, I will purpose myself to see more of God in my every day life!!...I only have God to thank for today, thanks God you ROCK!!!

4 comments:

svea said...

Such a great post Louise...So great to experience the deep love of God. His face shining on you delighting in you. Louise, You reflect that light to so many around you. I really appreciate that. be blessed in His love today my friend.

Erin said...

I feel great just reading your post! What a wonderful reflection of who He is and what we should be in Him. You are a real blessing to me.

Nadine said...

What a lovely post. So encouraging. I love reading how awesome God is and how blesses others.

shelley said...

what an inspiration. Finding our significance in Christ!! Love that, yet I find myself falling back into the thinking its how others view me, or if my husband is keeping my tanks full. Thanks for reminding me louise, that my significance is being in Christ.